We just got back from a family baby shower that I had the pleasure of making some super fun things for. In preparation, I had to make my rounds on Pinterest (hah!) looking for fitting things for a boy’s baby shower. And it totally paid off – when I saw these No-Bake Pink Lemonade Cheesecake Parfaits from Homemade Hooplah, they were immediately added to the list.
And so, the blue lemonade cheesecake shooters were born (no pun intended!).
(Aside: I find it necessary with all the conflict regarding gender neutrality going on, to add that these can be made to any color of the rainbow per preference. I don’t want to hear any silliness about us being sexist towards the “babyself”. 😛 )
I’ll admit that I’m typically a little wary of Pinterest recipes; it seems that some bloggers will post things that look beautiful for photos (and for pinning), but don’t taste great. This recipe didn’t disappoint! And anyone who knows me well knows that I don’t even like cheesecake.
I did end up cutting the portions into 2oz cups, using these super adorable footed bowls from Party City.
- I doubled the recipe – this filled exactly 38 of the 40 2oz bowls, but probably could have filled them all, had I added a little more of the graham mix to the bottom of each. I’d say I added about 2 heaping tsps of the graham mixture in the bottom of each bowl.
- Wilton Gel Icing Colors (affiliate link) to color the cheesecake mixture: 1 drop teal + 1 drop royal blue. And by drop, I mean dip a toothpick simply dipped in each color. Gel colors are highly concentrated – you don’t need much!
- For the powdered lemonade mix, I ended up using 2 packets of the single-serving Simply Balanced Lemonade Mix from Target. You could really use Crystal Light or any brand, that just happened to be the cheapest one (we don’t drink much outside of water in the house).
- This look was achieved using the basic flower drop tip (2D) to pipe in the cheesecake mixture.
- The biggest issue I ran into was the silver pearls discoloring the filling where they sat. I’ve used them before atop regular buttercream, with no issues, so I suspect the acid in the lemonade had something to do with it. If I were to do it all over again, I’d wait to add the pearls just before serving.
This was easily the quickest thing I made for the shower – and they ended up being a big hit!
Let me know if you try these out!
On another note, there are quite a few finished and unfinished projects that will have their very own posts soon…they just require a little more time and energy to get on the blog. 🙂
Here’s a peek at a couple things I had going on this week…a DIY oversized growth ruler, annnddd the beginning of the staircase makeover! Yup, I lost my mind and ripped up all the carpet one morning. But, more on that later.